Wie gebruikt er allemaal Drupal in de wereld? Verbazend veel grote websites, zo blijkt uit dit filmpje. Maar ook enorm veel kleinere, en alles daartussenin.
Of had u liever cijfers? Hier volgen er een paar. Bedankt, Dries.
Over the course of the past seventeen years, I've witnessed the nature of the web change and countless internet trends come and go. As we celebrate Drupal's birthday, I'm proud to say it's one of the few content management systems that has stayed relevant for this long.
While the course of my career has evolved, Drupal has always remained a constant. It's what inspires me every day, and the impact that Drupal continues to make energizes me. Millions of people around the globe depend on Drupal to deliver their business, mission and purpose. Looking at the Drupal users in the video below gives me goosebumps.
Drupal's success is not only marked by the organizations it supports, but also by our community that makes the project more than just the software. While there were hurdles in 2017, there were plenty of milestones, too:
- At least 190,000 sites running Drupal 8, up from 105,000 sites in January 2016 (80% year over year growth)
- 1,597 stable modules for Drupal 8, up from 810 in January 2016 (95% year over year growth)
- 4,941 DrupalCon attendees in 2017
- 41 DrupalCamps held in 16 different countries in the world
- 7,240 individual code contributors, a 28% increase compared to 2016
- 889 organizations that contributed code, a 26% increase compared to 2016
- 13+ million visitors to Drupal.org in 2017
- 76,374 instance hours for running automated tests (the equivalent of almost 9 years of continuous testing in one year)